Saturday, August 9, 2008

We're getting ready to go!!!













I LOVE MY BABIES!!!
We are trying to pack all that we can! Yep, we're fighting over space in suitcases and duffel bags!! We are taking clothes,toys,and even a toaster for the HOH and orphanage!! And did i mention toys? LOL!It's summer clearance time!!!WOO HOO!
I had 2 baskets full at Walgreens this morning. Now i have to see how we are going to organize and FIT everything!Shawn is a LITTLE upset because we have so much stuff.He says "we need to get stuff going, and you just keep buying more!"
He says, that's what upsets him. But me? I can't pass up toy bargains that we can take to Ethiopia!
We leave 2 weeks from today! EEEKKKK!!
I always imagined we would fly Ethiopian Air.This is a very busy time, so tickets when available,are VERY expensive. So,we are going to be on Emirates.Still expensive, but the dates are good! We will leave Kansas City flying to JFK, then hopping on the Emirates to Dubai. Long flight.
We have to spend the first night in Dubai,then leave the next morning for the short jaunt to Addis Ababa!
We just found out we will have another CHI couple on the trip, same itinerary.
Hey,K&N!!!!
Also just met via phone another nearby couple that are adopting from Ethiopia!!
She loves to talk adoption, like i do! Imagine that!!I think we will become quick friends. (Hey Jessie!!)She is waiting for their referral.
I have wonderful updated pictures!!! You can see Amanuel holding(crumpling)the picture of our house. Bethelhem looks mellow in one picture...ready to GO in the next!
Shawn and I are SO excited about our upcoming travel! Don't know where we are going to stay now, we just heard recent news from another adoption agency(IAN)that Hilton, Sheraton, and Ghion doesn't want adoptive parents staying there with their children!
If anyone else has heard this,or anything about it, let me know please!

Stay tuned for our travel adventure!! Shawn and I are BOTH bad navigators!!

Wait....one more thing!!!!! CHI hasn't had any referrals for over a month! Tsegay, the in country coordinator, will be in the U.S. for 2 weeks beginning August 29th.

My theory is he will be making referral calls while in the U.S. I hope so!! I have lots of friends that have been waiting a long time! YOO HOO, COME ON REFERRALS!

20 comments:

Jocelyn said...

YAY...YAY...YAY!! That is all I have to say!!!

Amanda said...

Oh, Lisa-your children are beautiful!!! And, I doubt that the hotels feel that way. I spoke to someone at the Hilton and Sheraton regarding prices (just to get an idea) not long ago and they were very helpful. I told them about the children and needing a crib or some such thing in the room-and didn't feel any sort of issue on their part.
Hopefully that helps.

Yay for travelling soon. You'll get it all to fit. Adoption is a magical time ;) So, use some "magic" to get the stuff to fit in the bags. lol

I look forward to reading more of your journey.... :)
(And, thanks for the good juju for referrals).

Anonymous said...

sounds like things are falling into place...yea!!

Jesi Q said...

Sooooo excited for you! They are beauties and I can't wait to see them in your arms! You'll be on that long flight in no time trying hard to believe that they are actually about to become REAL babies to you! It's such a weird feeling going from just having photos to seeing them in real life! Yippeeeee!!!

J, A, T and Y said...

Oh I am so happy for you guys...I hadn't checked in for a while....so I was so excited to hear news.

Renee said...

ohmygoodness your babies are so adorable- I can't believe you leave in less than 2 weeks!!!! YAY!!!!! I am so so so thrilled for you guys!!

The Taylor Family said...

No worries about the hotels; I'm sure it's just a rumor. Everyone we met seemed to adore children, and our driver told us that the general consensus of the people is that they support American adoptions.

The pictures are darling. You're so close! Can't wait to hear more once your family is united!

Erin Sager said...

Your children are incredible, you must be over the moon!!!!!

AhsMom said...

The kids are SO beautiful! I am so excited for you.

Kim from the KS group

Erica said...

Yeah Yeah Yeah!!! Oh MY GOODNESS! The kids get cuter and cuter with every picture!! I hope we get to meet someday soon!

SO glad you got the Emirates flights! Email me if you need anything.

atHisrighthand said...

I love the new pictures Wow! Two weeks! WOW! I am so excitted for you!
I love it!
Elise

Mom to many said...

Hooray- so glad to see you are on your way to get those kiddos. We stayed at the Sheraton and had a great experience. The people were so friendly and very excited about meeting our new daughter. I would highly recommend staying there...

Steve and Aimee Walker said...

Your babies look ready to come home. They look so sweet! I can't wait to hear about your trip.

I like your theory that Tsegay will make referral calls while he is here.

Leah Reeves said...

Lisa I can tell from your post you are going a little crazy.......I remember the feeling. I locked myself out of the car twice the week before we left.
You can try the Hilton and always move if there is a problem, just a thought. We really did love our stay at the Hilton.

Your kids are so absolutely beautiful!!!!

Are you going to post while in Ethiopia? I guess you have to email the posts. I did not know this before we left.

Brooke said...

Oh Yeah! I hear Emirates is a fantastic airline. We would have taken them had prices been better.

We stayed at the Hilton for 2 nights and we saw alot of adoptive families from all over the world. I can't imagine that they would not want families to stay there. If anything, it might be some of the local people being fussy about it. Some of the upper class Ethiopians were pretty rude while we were at the Hilton. They gives lots of ugly stares. I'm not trying to generalize. Just my opinion! Who knows!

dee said...

Your children are beautifully wonderful!!...Be safe and I will be praying for you you!!
Love Demetria

The Journey said...

HUGE congratulations, they are absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to see the first family pic. Emirates is a great airline and enjoy the night in Dubai (but take cabs...it's HOT!).

Unknown said...

Thanks for checking on our baby while your there. I'm so excited for you!! They are beautiful!

los cazadores said...

WOOT!!! SO exciting!

Cindy

Ella Marie Boutique said...

Check out Ella Marie Boutique for some adorable clothes for your little girl. It is for a great cause too, 20% of all proceeds goes to funding adoptions in Ethiopia and helping orphanages in Ethiopia and Guatemala.

Look us up at ellamarieboutique.blogspot.com, named after my sweet baby girl we are adopting from Guatemala. You can also look at my personal blog, encounteringella.blogspot.com, to read about our journey of adopting our 2nd baby from Guatemala.