Thursday, August 14, 2008

Here's how things are going, plus i HAD to get a new haircut!!






This is how life has been lately...
There is a picture of me with the little photo albums that were taken to our babies.(Thanks Brooke)
A picture of our new rocking chair! Gotta rock the babies!!!
Sophie the wonderdog, is in one of the pictures. She knows we are preparing for something....she is being so good, she even started sleeping on the rug at the foot of our bed.Sometimes she'll sneak back in bed with us. The kids room she notices, have went through alot of change. She checks everything out.
We leave the 23rd! I can't believe it!!! We are flying out with at least one other CHI family. I have been emailing back and forth with Kate.We are both ready to get our kiddos. We will be spending Saturday night in Dubai. I hope the airport hotel isn't to bad. When we wake up we will get to see our little ones, in about 5 hours!! I can' wait, i am so excited! I am having a hard time packing! Hard time sleeping.
I do not like our travel agency!! No help at all. They act like they have never done this before. Yet, they are a popular agency! Uggh!
Friday is my last day of work. I am going to miss all the people!Boss,(best friend) Coworkers
(i now love our blondie) and the people we insure are mostly wonderful people. So many have made me tear up this week, they tell me I can't leave,or I have to bring the kids to their house. I got a big hug from one of our guys today, and i think one of my ribs moved!
Anyway,I should be able to get everything finished with the week before, off work.
Big change is, I was growing my hair out so i could have it in a ponytail in Ethiopia. I really got sick of it! I got 8inches cut off! The stylist said 2 more inches, and i could have donated to Locks of Love. Let me know what ya think! Shawn loves it!
If i figure out how to blog from ET i will!!! Thanks everyone!!

31 comments:

Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

I absolutely love your haircut! Wish I could see the side and back view too. It looks awesome on you! It is so exciting that you are so close to travel! Its gotta be hard to sleep with all the excitiement. I cant wait til your trip and hear the details!

Amanda said...

GAHHHHH!!!!!!!! The 23rd. I'm so happy for you guys-truly, truly. :)

And, I love the new haircut.

(By the way-who's your travel agency so I know who not to go with. Send me an email or somethin!)

LOOKING FORWARD TO ALL THE POSTS IN THE FUTURE!!!

Sandi said...

How wonderfully exciting. I am so happy and excited for you.

Love the haircut!!!! Super cute!

Gretchen Magruder said...

The haircut looks great!! And I can't believe it's almost time to travel -- can't wait see pics of your family all together!

Gail said...

The haircut looks great. I am so excited!! I am going to put your dedparture on my wall calendar.
Gail

Dan, Misty & Ashar said...

Hottie mama!! How cute are you?!? So excite for you guys...It's here!!

Kenny said...

I think your hair looks great! I just figured out how to e-mail posts to my blog, so if you haven't figured it out yet, let me know! I'm looking forward to meeting you in real life in... 1 week and 1 1/4 days!

gigglechirp said...

love LOVE love the haircut.

Thrilled for you. Cannot wait to see pics of you and your precious children!!!

happiness!
Jenni

Mrs. Engelhardt said...

LOVE the hair...judging by your accidental e-mail to me, I think we used the same agency...we had pretty major problems with them during the Lufthansa strike...I had to fix everything myself while I was in Ethiopia, and even THEN she managed to really mess things up for us. Not a fan!

Unknown said...

You're hair looks amazing! I can't believe how soon your leaving! Please email me and let me know who you used for your travel agency so I don't make the same mistake. Wooohooooo!!

Jesi and Joe said...

Your hair looks fabulous! You are going to have a great time and you'll be holding those beautiful kiddos in no time! Have a marvelous trip, and if you need help with how to email posts to your blog, let me know! It's really easy once you get your blogger email address set up to email the posts to!

Amanda and John said...

Ahhh! Your hair cut is adorable! It looks sooo good on you!

Makes me want to cut mine!

atHisrighthand said...

YOur hair is amazing! I love it! How fun are you!? Wish I was there to help you pack!

Oh the 23rd is around the corner I just can't wait for you!
Elise

Steve and Aimee Walker said...

Your hair looks great! One more week and you will be travelling. So excited for you.

Who is the travel agency you are using?

Anonymous said...

Great haircut Lisa! I know you're counting down the days, hours, and minutes. The kids are so, so cute.

Renee said...

i am just so excited that you guys leave this week- yay!!!! and your hair looks awesome- I went yesterday and chopped mine, too- haha!! can't wait to see photos of you with your babies!!

J, A, T and Y said...

Oh I am so excited for you guys....and I love the hair. By the way -WE GOT OUR REFERRAL FOR A 10 MONTH OLD LITTLE GIRL! WE ARE OVER THE MOON!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!!!!

Justine said...

You look great! The perfect haircut for a new mom - stylish and simple. Can't wait to hear about your trip. We're counting the days with you.

Hubbards said...

Lisa-

Love the haircut! Can't wait to hear about your trip and see your little ones. We are praying for you- Enjoy your week off...it may be the last for a VERY long time!!

Tina

Annie said...

love, love, love your hair :)

If you need to know how to post from ETH, I can tell you...just write me. But mainly enjoy that time getting to know your precious babes!!! So happy for you!!!

Leah Reeves said...

I can hear the excitement in your post. I cannot wish the 23rd here any faster.

The Parsons Flock said...

Love the hair! Very cute!

I cant believe its almost time for you to go get them!!I am so excited for you! Cant wait to hear all about it!

los cazadores said...

You look BEAUTIFUL and ECSTATIC! Can't wait to read about you finally bringing your kiddos home!

Cindy

megan said...

I love your haircut!

Stacie said...

love the haircut.

Can't wait to hear about the trip when you get home. I love to keep up on the blog, but usually no time to comment.
Have a great trip

Lori S said...

I love your haircut, Lisa!! I'm excited about your trip to Ethiopia coming up soon. After we get our girls (probably November, UGH!), we'll have to get our kiddos together since we live so close!

Nikki said...

I can't wait to hear about it!

Nikki
http://ethiopia2009-adana.blogspot.com/ --> my Ethiopian mission

The Taylor Family said...

LOVE your hair!!!

Safe travels, and we'll be eagerly awaiting news of your journey and your little ones. Can't wait to hear all about them.

Don't fret over the packing. I'm sure you've thought of everything!

Mom to many said...

LOVE your haircut! Makes you look very young! I can't believe you leave SOON to get those little cuties. So thrilled for you! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Brooke said...

I LOVE your hair! It looks so cute.

I totally have the chills thinking of you guys leaving. I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Rebecca and Andrew said...

Your hair cut is beautiful! I am trying to grow mine out and I'm at that frumpy stage where I'm about to cut it anyday now!
I'm so excited for your family and bringing home the babes! I will be earnestly reading a long as you settle back in! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog as well. You're in my thoughts and prayers!
Rebecca