Tuesday, September 2, 2008


This is our meeting for the first time!! We didn't know it was about to happen! Amanuel is a daddy's boy! I plan to change that soon!! He was sick with upper respitory and ear infection when we arrived. Luckily I had taken an antibiotic for him and Bethi, just in case. His poor little ears were draining. his chest rattling, and fever and snotty nose. Bethi seemed pretty healthy.
Amanuel was handed to Shawn, and Bethi jumped right into my arms. Definetly love at first hug for Shawn and I.
Not to say everything is sunshine and butterflies!!! With a sick baby and a giggly little girl that likes to try her limits, and her parents patience, it has been just this. Fun, exciting, happy, sad, exhausting, exhilerating, stressful, and an amazing journey.
We love our little ones so much!
Foods are not a big problem. Sometimes Bethi won't try something new. Once she finds out we don't care if she trys it, she will eat it.
Amanuel will let us feed him pretty much anything. Mashed potatoes, which Bethi wouldn't try, he LOVES!

I shouldn't complain about not trying foods. We stayed at the HOH. I really don't like to try new foods either. Since we stayed there, I did try more foods than i ever had before.
My tummy did not agree with some things i ate, or i just got a bug from Amanuel. Amanuel and I both were pretty icky at out tummy's for a day or two.
One of my really awful days, Shawn learned how to take care of two kiddos on his own. He was wore out. He did so well though!! I really was proud of my hubby!
Amanuel did learn to like me a little bit better after Kate and Nathan loaned me their Ergo for a day. It was enough time to at least let me hold him later a few times around his daddy. (thanks guys!)
I am rattling on in no order, but just wanted to post and say hi to everyone!! Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers!

(sorry for this pic Shawn!)

32 comments:

Jocelyn said...

They are both so adorable! I can't wait to meet them (and you I guess:-)

Jill said...

Lisa (and Shawn!), they are beautiful! So glad to hear that you are home...don't worry about rattling on. We enjoy listening and those of us that have made the trip totally understand what those first days (months) home are like! Isn't that the most overwhelming journey you have ever been on? There are still bits and pieces that are completely foggy, I operated on auto-pilot some days in Addis.

Enjoy the kiddos. Glad to know that they are healthy (A. sounds like Mari did when I met her--thank goodness for taking antibiotics). Get some rest - hahaha!

gigglechirp said...

It is amazing and wonderful to see pics of you and your beautiful children!!!

Lisa, it happened!!! IT HAPPENED! They are home with YOU!!

Isn't it wild that through the bein' tired and all that it is still so surreal?

thrilled for you.

Welcome Home!!! and love to you all!

Jenni, Jim and Mamush

Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

What a gorgeous family! Hope you all are feeling well soon! Thanks for the pics and quick update. I guess it'll hold me over til more...

Stacie said...

Cuties! Welcome home!!

Anonymous said...

welcome home!!! your kiddos are just precious!!

...and bethi's hair is just beautiful :)

Annie said...

Lisa and Shawn, what a wonderful post to read!!!! Welcome home :) SO happy for you. Bethi is just beautiful and Amanuel looks so cuddly in Daddy's arms. What a beautiful family :) Sorry you weren't feeling well and I hope it doesn't stick around like mine did (just be careful!)


love and hugs to you--

Gretchen Magruder said...

welcome home!! They're just beautiful!!

Noelle said...

Lisa, its just wonderful to see you home with your babes. GOD IS GOOD!

Brooke said...

Wow, what a trip! Can't wait to hear more. Hopefully everyone can rest and recover from the long journey.

~Brooke

J, A, T and Y said...

Can't wait to hear more...so excited for you guys!

J, A, T and Y said...

Can't wait to hear more...so excited for you guys!

Erin Sager said...

Yah, I'm so happy for all of you, enjoy every moment with your kids.. You are blessed...What cutie pies...

Teresa said...

You made it! The pictures of the HOH bring back so many memories of our trip in July. I am so happy that you are united with your children. They are gorgeous!
I'm praying for a smooth transition for all of you and health.

Can't wait to hear more!

Julie said...

I loved reading about everything! You'r family is beautiful.

Amanda said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing the photos and for the phone call today :)

I appreciate everything, Lisa.

Good luck with the transition, and don't forget about those of us in blogland. :)

Justine said...

Lisa - your family is beautiful. So happy to hear that you arrived home safely. Thanks for the stories. It helps us waiters so much.

atHisrighthand said...

OH LISA! Beautiful! Welcome home! congratulations! Wow wow wow wow wow!
GOD IS GOOD!

Elise

elisa said...

Oh my goodness! She is beautiful and looks like she adores you! Can't wait to hear more about them!

Missy said...

So glad you are all home! Can't wait to hear all about it!! You give us "waiters" hope!!

Lori S said...

Awww! I love the pics. Your children are so beautiful! I just can't picture little Bethi trying her limits! (O:
Thanks for the update!

Renee said...

OHHHHH welcome home!!!!!!!! Your babies are gorgeous!!!! yay!!!! can't wait to hear more about the trip!!

veggiemom said...

Great pics! I can't wait to meet those cuties.
Kerri, Medina, and Ruby

Gretchen said...

LISA! How beautiful are those two little kiddos of yours?! Holy heck!! You look SO incredibly happy in those pictures. Jason and I are so thrilled for you and yours.

And please- rattle on!

Kris, Staci, & Marley said...

so happy you guys got your babies home! we were just placed on the wait list for CHI, would you recommend the HOH?

los cazadores said...

Your babes are gorgeous!

Love the pics!

Cindy

Erica said...

Yeah! They are beautiful! I'm glad to hear your adjusting well. Email me anytime - lets talk soon. Bethi's hair is beautiful!!

Children's Hope International said...

I just thought I would add a comment onto this huge wall of comments!! It's so great to see pictures of your new family, at long last. :)

I hope you post more of your travels! I am going to keep you on the CHI Traveling Family Blogroll, just in case.

Welcome home and all the best in your adjustments!

Jennifer N.

Mom to many said...

Congrats and welcome home! You all look so happy together. Get enough rest and enjoy every moment.

Leah Reeves said...

Welcome home!!!! Lovely family you have.

The Taylor Family said...

YEAH!!! Happy family! Keep the pics and updates coming. So excited that you're home with your kiddos...FINALLY!!! :)

Rebecca and Andrew said...

We're so delighted for your family! Your children are beautiful! Can't wait to read more as we wait for own our referral!