Friday, August 22, 2008

We're off to get our babies!!!!

Our baby Amanuel!! Ahhh!

Our precious daughter, Bethelhem! My last day of work was the 22nd of August. My wonderful bosses bought the kiddos a ton of toys. A bike for Bethi, a walker and riding/pushing lion for Amanuel. Plus LOTS of other smaller toys. It really was wonderful!Then Shawn came home from work Wednesday, and they had a shower for him! I thought that was so cute!! They had champagne and glasses for Shawn and I,
gift cards for Chucky Cheese, Applebees, and Video store! Disney blankets for both kids, stuffed monkey and lion, and a beautiful Enesco lamp. How wonderful we are to have such great workplaces!

While we are in Ethiopia, my friend Elise will "co-post" for me!!(thanks Elise!)

Shawn and I are trying to fit everything in the suitcases, but the weight has to be 50#'s or less! That isn't working for us! Remember, we are bringing home two little ones! We need clothes for both of them, and of course a few toys. We don't know for sure what sizes our kiddos are,so we have to take more clothes than we really will need.We are also taking toys, and other donations for House of Hope.
Luckily I have been talking to another CHI couple that will be traveling with us. Kate and Nathan will be traveling to their 10 month old baby girl!
We are all excited and nervous!It is so funny that another person is having the same feelings about the same thing. It is so weird that after all the paperwork, all the wanting, wishing, praying,crying,praying some more,that it is finally TIME!!!!
Goosebumps for sure! And this last 2 weeks have flown by,and seems i don't have anything done, yet it is. Just little things going through my mind!
Thanks everyone for helping me through to this point!XXOO

17 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am so excited for you! Cannot wait to hear all about your trip.

Anonymous said...

yea!! can't wait to see more pictures of your babies!!

Gretchen Magruder said...

yay!! looking forward to hearing all about your trip!!

Emily B. said...

Safe travels-- enjoy your time and we can't wait to hear all about it when you get home!! :)

Jocelyn said...

YAY!! I am so happy that your time is finally here. Have a WONDERFUL trip, I can't wait to see your babies in your arms!!

Christina said...

Congratulations! Have fun going to pick up your cuties!

atHisrighthand said...

So happy for you! Praying for you and can't wait to hear about it all!
How nice of you work places! Wow! That is great!
Praying for you, try and get some rest tonight! :)
Elise

Gail said...

I just got goosebumps too. I can't believe you leave in ONE MORE DAY!!! I am looking forward to seeing pictures of you WITH your children.
Have a safe trip!!!
Gail

Julie said...

I'm so excited. I'm living through you right now!!!!

Julie

Jill said...

Yea!!!! So excited for you. Every time someone else goes, it brings memories flooding back. I will be re-living a lot of great things this week thinking about you!

Safe travels and remember to just breathe and enjoy yourselves (sometimes the emotions make it so overwhelming, you forget the basics).

Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

Just had to post here as well, that I cannot believe it is time for you to bring them home!!! I am so excited for you and pray for safe travel!

Nicholas said...

God Bless, you will have the trip of a lifetime! xoxoxox Lori

Annie said...

So excited for you, Lisa and Shawn...God bless you on this journey of a lifetime.

We'll be thinking of you lots this week and can't wait to hear all the details when you return home.

hugs, Annie and Maya

Beth said...

I have been thinking about you all ....all day! I'm sure you will bring your new babies to see me!!

Teresa said...

I can't wait to read your updates from Ethiopia. I am thrilled that your babies will be in your arms in a few short days!

I will be praying for your trip.

Amanda said...

I think you left Saturday. If you did, that means that right now you're likely holding your babies.

How wonderful is that?! You're in my thoughts. Enjoy this trip. And, enjoy your kiddos.

Lori S said...

I can't wait to see pictures of your kiddos! What an exciting time!