Friday, May 30, 2008

Things goin' on......hmmmm




<

Thursday was my nephew Chance's 12th birthday!!We celebrated it at Chicken Mary's!Pittsburg,KS is known for it's famous fried chicken restaurants.Anyway... hard to
believe that Chance started out so small. 3 pounds and looked like a little wet rat!!!(sorry Chance!)He is the sweetest, onery, kid ever.I love him to pieces!He knew Shawn before Shawn and I got married, since his mom and Shawn worked together.When Shawn and i got married, you never saw a kid so happy,to have someone become his uncle!!Maybe it's because they are both basketball fanatics?? 4 years ago when Shawn and i started dating, and Chance was 8, he would ask his mom if Shawn could come spend the night!! It was hilarious!!Shawn loves to play all the kid videos and games,so i guess he was alot of fun!!
(I think he's alot of fun too!) ;)
This week there have been no referrals! We are still waiting for our referral of siblings.Our request, for those that don't know,or don't remember....is 0 to 12 months, and 0 to 4 years. With at least one being a girl.Shawn wants a daddy's little girl!It is so far, a 25 week wait for us.I'm more than ready,and with the Ethiopian court closing looming overhead, I would REALLY love to have our referral soon!!(wouldn't we all!)I can't believe that Annie leaves for Ethiopia Monday, to meet her precious Maya!! I am so happy for her!
In other family news...My son graduated from med school,and my daughter is officially a "second year" med student.
This will be the only summer,for the next forever, that my daughter will have off.She was taking advantage of it by visiting family and friends back here at home this week.I'm sad that she went back to KC today.(I Love you Braden!)At least she's not too far away!
I am SO looking forward to the Kansas City CHI picnic next weekend!!The Forsberg family might make the trip!!! I am so excited to meet them all!Ryelynn is their daughter from Ethiopia. She is a cutie!!
Was i a little type happy today?? Hopefully next time we will have some referral news!!!

15 comments:

gigglechirp said...

I'm stalking your blog like crazy waiting for the good news!!

Congrats to your kiddos for the great accomplishments with school! awesome!

J

Stacie said...

You must be so proud of your kids in med school! That is great!

I'm stalking too - I am hoping and praying that this coming week brings a referral call!!!

Angela said...

Both kids in med school... I can only hope (and cattle-prod them to do their homework...)
I think I'm checking the CHI more now than I was when we were waiting for a referral.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Brooke said...

Wow, two Med school kids! Amazing. You must be such a proud mama.

OK, come on referral. Let's hope June is THE MONTH!

Dan, Misty & Ashar said...

It's nice to hear an update from you. I have to confess, I worry that you might be getting a little buggy with the wait!

Amanda said...

I love personal photo posts :)
(Happy belated birthday to Chase).

And, I tried to email you back, but I don't know if you got it--you should have received this MONTHS ago, Lisa.
It's a booklet that says "Your journey of love to Ethiopia" on it.
It contains packing lists, hotel info, etc....

Call and ask for one!

Chatter said...

Congrats to your son on finishing and to your daughter on making it through her first year.

Sorry to hear you still haven't heard anything. I hope everything works itself out and good news is coming soon. Send an email if you need to vent!

Julie said...

I'm praying for you my friend. I know the waiting is just so dang hard.

Renee said...

I'm so hoping your referral comes soon!!! Have a great time at the picnic!

And that is awesome about your kids!

Colleen and JF Bertrand said...

Here's hoping you get the referral this week!

Mom to many said...

Oh Lisa -
your little ones will be here before you know it --- sounds good, doesn't it? I know this waiting thing must stink. You are so very patient... Make a list of the things you want to get done/accomplish before they arrive and start plugging away. It may make the time go faster...??? Maybe this week referrals will come for YOU! You are in my prayers.

atHisrighthand said...

HOping for referral news also...
Elise

J, A, T and Y said...

Just checking in...hope things are going well and the time is passing quickly....If that is even possible!

Gretchen said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that next round of referrals... your little one's are BOUND to be a part of that!

Leah Reeves said...

I hope you get your referral soon! The wait must be so hard.
On the other hand you have two kids in med school, how crazy is that....what if you have four kids go to med school.